Our Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Forum

What was that thread with the long ass name? Yeah, were from there.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Music Thread

Go down 
+4
Unforgiven2323
biolante clone
Kingoji
The ROFLER
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The ROFLER

The ROFLER

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Thats right folks. this thread is all about one of the greatest things in the world. Music!!!

So music... what genre you listen to? What artists/ bands do you like? Lets all discuss it t here, in the Music Thread Very Happy

Here, you can posts links to other songs you want to present to others and much more! Music, can't get enough of it huh? I know I can't! Music is part of my life!

So, post-in guys Very Happy

Here's a gift for jake Very Happy

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/gears-of-war
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:33 am

I have rather eclectic tastes in music.
I like anything from classical to metal, hip-hop to J-pop, electro to opera.
But, I must stress, it has to be a supremely well done track to get my attention for the most part, and rock and metal are the genres I listen to the most.

Favourite bands;

Metallica
Queen
Madness
Terrorvision
Machine Head
Back to top Go down
http://kingoji.deviantart.com/
biolante clone

biolante clone

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:28 am

serji tankiian hes great i love the sky is over and the unthinking majority
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Metallica is the best. Nothing else matters. They are the Master of Puppets. I will commit assault and Battery to anyone who says otherwise.

WHOOT!
The Music Thread Kirk_hammett1
Back to top Go down
The ROFLER

The ROFLER

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey kingoji, bio clone, jake, do you guys like ambient music? Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't have a favorite band in particular. Instead, I favor a singer who has has sung in multiple bands, and that singer's name in Tony Harnell. His vocal talents are simply amazing and very well refined and unique. He has incredible range, pitch and is a top notch song writer to boot!

Some of the bands he sings in(or did sing in) All are Melodic Metal mind you.

-T.N.T
Now replaced by a new singer.
-Stabreaker
They're releasing their second studio album titled 'Loves Dying Wish' this year.
-Westworld
-Morning Wood

Other favorite bands/singers are...
-Avantasia
-Axel Rudi Pell
-Deep Purple
-Jimi Hendrix Experience
-Aerosmith
-Velvet Revolver
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Hardline
-Crush 40
-White Lion
-Bon Jovi
-Dragonforce
-Letters to Cleo
-Kay Hanley
-Lenny Kravitz
-Slayer

*Copied post from GCC Razz*
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Arby_212 wrote:

Yes'm.

But again, it has to be something special.
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:28 am

Arby_212 wrote:

Mostly nature-inspired ambient since I like the overall peacefulness of it.

Wendy Carlos' "Sonic Seasonings" is really good.
Back to top Go down
The ROFLER

The ROFLER

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Back to top Go down
biolante clone

biolante clone

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

anyone like or herad my music which i said i liked
Back to top Go down
MadDoKta

MadDoKta

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:25 am

Music huh? Well, I don't really like Metal or heavy metal or that sort of stuff. I like a bit of rap and love rock and punk rock.

Favorite bands/singers:
-Nickelback
-Linkin Park
-Three Doors Down
-Three Days Grace
-Good Charlotte
-Avril Lavigne (Can help it jocolor )
-Tatu
-Kanye
-Akon
-AFI
-Green Day
-U2
-Papa Roach
-Poets of the Fall
-Red Hot Chili Peppers

There's a whole load of other bands that I like, but these are probably the ones I listen to the most:joker:
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:31 pm

My favorite bands:

-Metallica
-AC/DC
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Guns N Roses
-Motley Crue
-Rob Zombie
-Weird Al
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Poison
-Alice in Chains
-Smashing Pumpkins
-Aerosmith
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:12 pm

nothing but the metalz baby!

iron maiden
children of bodom
dragonforce
amon amarth
through the eyes of the dead
arch enemy
death
dio
dream theater
necrophagist
pantera
queen(they aren't metal but they kick ass!)
symphony X
transmetal
mago de oz

i have ALOT more but i'm too lazy right now
Back to top Go down
The ROFLER

The ROFLER

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Having trouble finding the chat box buddy? :p
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:22 pm

um yeah,i don't even know what a chatbox is
Back to top Go down
goji3754

goji3754

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 pm

I mostly listen to non-lyrical music. Such as Godzilla and scores to films. When I do listen to actual songs, it's usually bands that I'm already familiar with. I can't stand metal. I like rock, and especially really dark rock that is just on what I consider the barrier between rock and metal. I don't mind rap, but I don't like it either. Especially when you can't understand what the guy is saying and all you here the guy saying is somthing like "bweep-bwop" over and over again. And I really hate it when the extra bass is going...

Here's an example of what's "on the border." It actually doesn't start until about 00:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXEMfgCtiY

Last edited by goji3754 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:53 pm

what's wrong with metal...
Back to top Go down
goji3754

goji3754

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:19 am

It all sounds the same to me. Everybody just screams into the microphone throughout most of the song, and that practically makes my ears bleed. And every single metal song I've actually been able too hear the lyrics to is usually about suicide, murder, rape, or the apocalypse. There is one exeption that I know of, and that's "We're All to Blame" on Godzilla: Final Wars. That's about how we are responsible for GINO, if I understand the meaning, though I haven't heard the full song, since I haven't bothered to look for it. I can barely stand the 10 seconds for which it plays in the movie. To me, metal songs sound aweful and are an abomination in the world of music. At least you can understand the lyrics in rock songs, and there is much more variety to them.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. I don't mean to press it on anyone else, I'm just stating my views here.
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 am

Quote :
It all sounds the same to me. Everybody just screams into the microphone throughout most of the song, and that practically makes my ears bleed. And every single metal song I've actually been able too hear the lyrics to is usually about suicide, murder, rape, or the apocalypse.

I understand where you're coming from with this. Alot of metal just isn't any good, and that's why I only listen to a specific genre of metal; that being Melodic Metal. It's alot less noisy than the standard Iron Maiden/Metallica stuff and the lyrics are alot more meaningful(When written by Tony Harnell anyhow)

Loves Dying Wish, Lies, Ready to Fly and End of Alone are all great examples of the Melodic genre.
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:27 pm

goji3754 wrote:
It all sounds the same to me. Everybody just screams into the microphone throughout most of the song, and that practically makes my ears bleed. And every single metal song I've actually been able too hear the lyrics to is usually about suicide, murder, rape, or the apocalypse. There is one exeption that I know of, and that's "We're All to Blame" on Godzilla: Final Wars. That's about how we are responsible for GINO, if I understand the meaning, though I haven't heard the full song, since I haven't bothered to look for it. I can barely stand the 10 seconds for which it plays in the movie. To me, metal songs sound aweful and are an abomination in the world of music. At least you can understand the lyrics in rock songs, and there is much more variety to them.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. I don't mean to press it on anyone else, I'm just stating my views here.

you haven't heard much metal,have you,we're all to blame is a punk song anyways,and the song has nothign to do with godzilla,it was just in the movie,and from your description you're talking about death/black metal.not all metal is like that,there's black sabbath,iron maiden,dio,there's alot of bands which might cater to your likings,give metal a try,you never know if you might like it.

metal and rock have ALOT of similarities,so i'm not entirely sure what you mean by "metal songs sound aweful and are an abomination in the world of music"

hey blue cup,i also like melodic metal,it's better than the cheap guys that play the same note with distortion all the way up to 10.have you heard of symphony X? you'd like them
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:37 pm

He's very mis-lead on the metal genre, among other things.

I've heard a few SX songs, but they weren't all that impressive. The vocalist was weird too.
Back to top Go down
goji3754

goji3754

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm

You mean there are several different kinds of metal? All this time I thought there was all just one style, just several names for it. I just listened to Learn How to Fly, and if Blue Cup hadn't said it was melodic metal, I would have called that rock.

Can someone describe the various kinds of metal and how they are all different from each other? And as long as we're on the subject, what differentiates rock from metal in the first place. Hearing these samples has lead me to question if the songs I have are rock or some kind of metal...
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:08 pm

This site may be of use to you. It describes each genre and also lists some bands that fit into each category.
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:10 pm

goji3754 wrote:
You mean there are several different kinds of metal? All this time I thought there was all just one style, just several names for it. I just listened to Learn How to Fly, and if Blue Cup hadn't said it was melodic metal, I would have called that rock.

Can someone describe the various kinds of metal and how they are all different from each other? And as long as we're on the subject, what differentiates rock from metal in the first place. Hearing these samples has lead me to question if the songs I have are rock or some kind of metal...

so i get no recognition? how rude

and not several,more like hundreds,see metal is made up of subgenres which have subgenres of their own

@ blue cup: that website you posted doesn't go in depth,i can help you goji,im semi-pro at metal genealogy,i thank vh1 classic for that
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Blue Cup wrote:
Quote :
It all sounds the same to me. Everybody just screams into the microphone throughout most of the song, and that practically makes my ears bleed. And every single metal song I've actually been able too hear the lyrics to is usually about suicide, murder, rape, or the apocalypse.

I understand where you're coming from with this. Alot of metal just isn't any good, and that's why I only listen to a specific genre of metal; that being Melodic Metal. It's alot less noisy than the standard Iron Maiden/Metallica stuff and the lyrics are alot more meaningful(When written by Tony Harnell anyhow)

Loves Dying Wish, Lies, Ready to Fly and End of Alone are all great examples of the Melodic genre.
-_-

noisy=awesome.

Metallica rules, and their lyrics are meaningful, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:38 pm

Metallica invented the "Thrash Metal" genre with Kill 'Em All, and abandoned it for something a hundred times more powerful the next year with Ride The Lightning. There is not a hard rock band since they formed that doesn't tout 'Tallica as a major inspiration.
But the thing is, they may play hard, heavy and loud, but James is a singer, not a snarler. Okay, he may have occasionally reached the higher notes which some might call screaming, but not nearly as often as his contemporaries. And he may growl in his songs now and then, but only when the lyrics demand a level of disdain on his part.
And Hetfield's lyrics are probably the most meaningful you'll ever find in this genre.

Why does everyone think of metal as being either Sepultura or Slayer?
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:36 pm

most people usually know of slayer or metallica even if they don't listen to metal,so they think all metal is like that
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Hey Hardrock, I just downloaded an early leak of Dragonforce's Ultra Beatdown and you might be pleased to hear that it is a very impressive album. It has more character and personality in the first three songs than the entire Inhuman Rampage album had in it's entirety.

I can put up a download link if you'd like to listen early.
Back to top Go down
The ROFLER

The ROFLER

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Have any of you guys heard about these fellas?

I have to say, Richy sure knows his music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpEtiod7no

This is an awesome band. Thanks to Richy for showing me them!

But anyways, this is my top favorite song of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:02 pm

OMGWTF_212 wrote:
Have any of you guys heard about these fellas?

I have to say, Richy sure knows his music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpEtiod7no

This is an awesome band. Thanks to Richy for showing me them!

Glad that you found Starbreaker as awesome as I do. Tony Harnell is clearly above 95% of the wolrd's artists in terms of melodies and lyrics.

Here's another song off Starbreaker's newest album titled Hide. I don't actually own the new album myself(waiting for Mr. Harnell to sign some copies, just like he did their first album for me. So I just had someone slip me this single track from it to tide me over until next month.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:30 pm

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

This new one is alright, but I like the end.

Last edited by Unforgiven2323 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:24 am

Blue Cup wrote:
Hey Hardrock, I just downloaded an early leak of Dragonforce's Ultra Beatdown and you might be pleased to hear that it is a very impressive album. It has more character and personality in the first three songs than the entire Inhuman Rampage album had in it's entirety.

I can put up a download link if you'd like to listen early.

way ahead of you blue,i torrented it weeks ago,and ultra beatdown is a good album indeed,my favorite track has to be heartbreak armageddon,the song names are cheesy but the actual songs are good
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 am

This one is actually pretty cool.

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136
Back to top Go down
hardrockzilla

hardrockzilla

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 pm

oh god,i'm listening to viking metal,i feel like picking up a sword and shield and going apeshit on some norns Razz
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 pm

The Music Thread Metallica281gm4
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Bitrate:320kbs
Filetype:MP3(Converted from WMA)

1. "That Was Just Your Life"
2. "The End of the Line"
3. "Broken, Beat & Scarred"
4. "The Day That Never Comes"
5. "All Nightmare Long"
6. "Cyanide"
7. "The Unforgiven III"
8. "The Judas Kiss"
9. "Suicide & Redemption"
10. "My Apocalypse"

Download Link:
*Removed Until Further Notice*
Reason:Some people have no self-control. Razz

Enjoy.

Last edited by Blue on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:51 pm

AAAARGH!
The foul temptation!!

No, stay strong, Pizzle, stay strong...
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:37 am

I listened to all of it already ^_^
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Unforgiven2323 wrote:
I listened to all of it already ^_^

So what's your favorites thus far? I like Broken, Beaten & Scarred, The Unforgiven III and All Nightmare Long the most.

Kingoji wrote:
AAAARGH!
The foul temptation!!

No, stay strong, Pizzle, stay strong...

Ahh, come on Ed. You know you want to. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Must... stay out... of thread!

Pressure! Crushing me!

I can't give in now... I can't!

Aunt May! Mary Jane!
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am

Here, I'll make it easier for you. I'll remove the link for a few days or a week.
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 am

You have my undying gratitude. Wink
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 pm

I may just have to re-post the link Razz
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 pm

SONUVA--!
Back to top Go down
Blue

Blue

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Guns 'N Roses - Chinese Democracy   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:11 pm

The Music Thread Gunsnroseschinesedemocrvq0
Guns 'N Roses - Chinese Democracy
Bitrate:320kbs
Format:MP3

::Tracklist::
1. Guns N' Roses - Better (4:57)
2. Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy (4:44)
3. Guns N' Roses - If The World (Would End Today) (4:53)
4. Guns N' Roses - IRS (4:27)
5. Guns N' Roses - Madagascar (5:37)
6. Guns N' Roses - Riyadh and The Bedouins (3:41)
7. Guns N' Roses - The Blues (4:45)
8. Guns N' Roses - There Was A Time (6:40)
9. Guns N' Roses - This I Love (6:10)

Download Link

Keep in mind that this isn't the complete album, but mostly leaks that got out.
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Cheers, Blu. I probably wouldn't buy this album anyway, so I don't mind checking out a few of the tracks here.
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:25 am

Death Magnetic.

Fuck.
YES.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Kingoji wrote:
Death Magnetic.

Fuck.
YES.
You listened to it?
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Yep. My coffin box set turned up friday morning.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven2323

Unforgiven2323

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Kingoji wrote:
Yep. My coffin box set turned up friday morning.
So, what is all in that set?
Back to top Go down
Kingoji

Kingoji

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:52 pm

The album, a demo CD, a making of DVD, four picks, a laminate pass, t-shirt, poster, flag, a free live album download...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread   The Music Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Music Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next